Whew! We have been so busy here, but now that things have finally slowed down I can take time to write about our Christmas.
On the weekend before Christmas, my family went to spend some time with my grandma and aunt (on my mom's side) in Asheville, NC. We had a great time. Jonathan and I arrived with Ethan a little earlier than everyone else, which gave Ethan a chance to get comfortable. He had not seen Grandma since he was about four months old and Aunt Patricia even younger than that, so I was glad they got to spend time with him. We spent the weekend just laying around visiting and of course eating a bunch. We really enjoyed our trip and wish we could see you guys more often! We love you!
After returning from North Carolina we had a very busy week ahead. Mom and I had a couple of loose ends to tie up with shopping. Then on Christmas Eve the fun really began. Ethan must have known something was about to happen because he slept until 9:00 on Christmas Eve. Then he took a nap from 12:00 to 3:00. Wow! I think he was preparing himself. As soon as he got up from his nap at 3:00 we went to Jonathan's grandmothers for dinner and presents. Then on to MeeMaw's house for the gathering of my dad's side of the family. Then after that, we went to Jonathan's parents. Needless to say, we were exhausted. We gave Ethan a bath and got him all ready for bed, right before heading out to the yard to throw out some reindeer food. This is a tradition we have decided to start. (Only Jonathan later asked me, "Who is going to be the one to go out and pick it all up when he gets older and goes out to see if it is gone?" - - - good question! He always spoils my fun!) Finally we put Ethan to bed and the next morning as soon as we woke up, in a panic, we realized that Ethan had slept all night without getting up to eat! Merry Christmas to us! He has slept every night since then. Hallelujah! Amen! Ethan played with all of his toys from us and "Santa" and then we went to Mom's for breakfast and presents. Next we came home and took a nap, before going to Dad's for supper and gifts.
We really had a wonderful Christmas. Ethan was a trooper! We hopped from place to place within such a short time, I do not see how he handled it so well, but he did! I am going to post some pictures very soon. And I am already looking forward to all the years we will celebrate Christmas together as a family. I hope everyone's Christmas was fabulous and blessed with wonderful memories, as I know mine was!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I remember that panic feeling when the baby sleeps through the night for the 1st time. I don't think I have ever ran so fast in my whole life.
Post a Comment